You have a 'break meal', which turns into a 'break day', which then turns into more of a 'break weekend'. That's part of the territory that comes with grandma's, road trips, in-laws, and of course chillin' with family on a Sunday night.
So, today I'm going to reboot. Or reset. Or whatever you want to call it . . .
My resets are pretty simple:
First, I fast 'til lunch. (Not hard since I'm not hungry from the weekend, although if for some reason I do experience hunger I have a small high protein breakfast). Second, I drink lots of lemon water. Third, I minimize my carbs dramatically.
Lucky for me, I had lemons galore just an arms length away while I visited family this weekend! I not only have been sipping it all day today, but used it throughout my whole weekend.
I've always known that lemon water is cleansing, but I've never known why. So, I did a little research on it and here's what I found:
1. It has an anti-oxidant in it called D-Limonene that helps cleanse your liver.
2. It aids in digestion due to it's acidic nature.
3. The Uric Acid in it reduces inflammation in joints.
4. The Vitamin C in it of course boosts your immune system
5. It has calcium, potassium, phosphorous and magnesium in it which all replenish your body with electrolytes (among other things like strengthening teeth, lowering anxiety, heart health . . . ).
6. Get's your bowels moving.
7. And my personal favorite: Tim Ferriss uses it to help his body not absorb carbs on his break days
So anyway, I'd love to hear what types of things you do for a reset, and if you have any questions feel free to hit me up in the comments section below! Happy Monday, people.